Archive for April, 2012

In Silverlight 5 (and may be earlier), you would face a real frustrating issue when using ChildWindows…the problem is as soon as you close a ChildWindow the application would freeze. Well, the solution is pretty simple it requires you to copy-paste the following piece of code to your ChildWindow’s class:

protected override void OnClosed(EventArgs e)
   Application.Current.RootVisual.SetValue(IsEnabledProperty, true);

Code Source: Silverlight Community

While I am not the guy who found it, but I sure have used it a lot of times and trust me, it does work.

Cheers! 🙂

Since recently my fondness towards the Datasheet view of Sharepoint had increased and today, I thought to finally try it and du-oh, I got an error message slapped right to my face:

The list cannot be displayed in Datasheet view for one or more of the following reasons:

– A datasheet component compatible with Microsoft SharePoint Server is not installed.
– Your Web browser does not support ActiveX controls.
– A component is not properly configured for 32-bit or 64-bit support.

Well, I do use a 64 bit machine but what I didn’t realize until I saw this link that I was also using the 64 bit edition of Office 2010. So, I quickly followed the proposed solution i.e. I downloaded the “2007 Office System Driver: Data Connectivity Components” and installed it on my machine and viola…I was able to enter the Datasheet mode. But, waiting for me over there was another strange error…I was shown a message at the bottom left corner saying “The view is read-only”. I did find a solution to that issue but more on that later


I hope google does deliver it “One day” and then not trash it “Another day”.

Got an error “This view cannot be displayed because the number of lookup and workflow status columns it contains exceeds the threshold (8) enforced by the administrator.” while viewing your Sharepoint List or Library, no worries, it’s just a Lookup Threshold that Sharepoint enforces on a Web application by default. To get rid of this problem, do the following:

  1. Go to the Central Administration.
  2. Under Application Management, go to Manage Web Applications.
  3. Select the Web Application, that gives you see this error.
  4. On the Ribbon, look at 4th icon from left that says “General Settings”, click on the arrow at the bottom of the button and select the second option “Resource Throttling”.
  5. In the dialog that opens, scroll down till you see “List View Lookup Threshold”, you would see that by default the value is 8. Increase to a number suitable to your requirements and save it by clicking on OK.
  6. Go again to the list/library that gave the error and it should be working now provided the value that you set as threshold is a more than lookups your list/library requires to do to show the content.